Heavy Duty Protection.
The Flexi-Post provides a semi-flexible system. The upper part of the post is mounted into a rubber shock absorber which limits the deflection of the Flexi-Post to approximately 120mm.
The strength of the Flexi-Post has seen it become the preferred option throughout Europe for installation at the ends of ramps and areas where the approach to a barrier exceeds 20m. Barriers in these areas are defined by the British Standard 6399 as twice-force barriers and are required to withstand a horizontal impact load of 300kN, derived from a 1500kg vehicle travelling at 6.4m/s impacting 450mm above floor level.
Twice-force could be considered an acceptable alternative to the AS/NZS 1170.1 standard of providing a barrier capable of withstanding 240kN (500mm impact height) at the end of straight ramps exceeding 20m in length and intended for downward travel.
Low deflection, energy-absorbing.
- Impact tested to evaluate performance and compliance to car park barrier loading standards.
- Provides protection from glancing blow impacts at low speeds with heavy vehicles.
- The energy-absorbing characteristic reduces damage to the vehicle and the barrier upon impact.
- Designed to withstand a horizontal impact load of 300kN, derived from a 1500kg vehicle traveling at 6.4m/s impacting 450mm above floor level.
- Recommend maximum post spacing: 800mm (to withstand 300kN impact force).
- Post height: 610mm.
- System deflection: approximately 120mm.
- Number of anchor bolts per post: 4.
- Pull-out loading force: 85kN (includes 50% safety factor).